“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;
they have not forgotten this.”
– Terry Pratchett
At Cat Lady Boston, each cat sitting engagement starts with a complimentary meet and greet. I introduce myself in the comfort of your own home prior to our first visit to ensure that you feel comfortable with me and the services being offered. Most initial meetings last approximately 30-45 minutes while I get to know your cat(s), their routine, and get the lay of the land. It is important that I gather all of the information necessary to provide quality care for your cats in your absence, and answering any questions you may have about me and my services. Keys should also be exchanged during this initial meeting.
I pay special attention to every detail regarding feeding, behavior, and playtime preferences and specialize in providing detailed care in multi-cat households, which includes giving individual cats different foods and particular medications, in specific locations of the home, as necessary, so that the animals’ daily routines are not disrupted and care is not sacrificed. I give particular attention, patience, and understanding to special needs cats, including shy, senior and those with health challenges and disabilities. I pride myself in awareness, intuitiveness and long-term experience with a multitude of feline behaviors. I pay close attention to changes in behavior, appetite, litter box habits, and interaction with other animals in the home.
Each standard, comprehensive visit is $20 and includes the following services:
- Feeding, changing drinking water, and meticulous daily litter box maintenance. There is no surcharge for a complete litter box change.
- Maintenance and clean up of home in case of feline “accidents” (i.e. hairballs!)
- Quality time, including interactive play with cats’ favorite toys and/or some good ole fashion chin scratches and belly rubs.
- Grooming, including thorough brushing.
- Upon request, take in mail and newspapers, water plants, alternate drapes and/or lights, and other small daily tasks.
- Picture and/or video updates of your cat(s) sent to you via text or email after every visit.
The following services are subject to additional fees:
- Claw trimming, $10 per visit, per cat.
- We administer all medications including oral (liquid, tablet & capsule form), topical, eye and eardrops, subcutaneous IV fluids and insulin injections, $5 per visit.
- More than 3 cats in the home, $5 per visit.
- If you choose not to leave a copy of your keys in our possession, there is a pick up/drop off fee of $10 per key visit.